Naomi Milgrom Foundation
MPavilion is commissioned by the Naomi Milgrom Foundation—a not-for-profit organisation that exists to initiate and support great public design, architecture and cultural projects. In 2017 the Foundation initiated the inaugural Living Cities Forum. The Foundation champions projects that explore design’s close interconnection with contemporary culture. In doing so it seeks to create new public and private partnerships in the civic space.
The Foundation is dedicated to:
- Commissioning bold new architecture and design projects
- Enhancing the quality of community life through support of great design
- Creating the annual MPavilion architecture commission and design event
- Collaborating with cultural and educational institutions on a related free public event program
- Creating new public/private partnerships between the philanthropic, government and business sectors
- Exploring the social, economic and environmental value and impact of design
- Positioning Melbourne as Asia-Pacific’s hub of design and architecture
- Promoting public participation through free entry and accessible programming
- Raising awareness and celebrating contemporary Australian and international architecture and design.
Members of the board:
- Naomi Milgrom AO, founder
- Dr Kathy Alexander, chair
- Mary Vallentine AO
Special advisor to the board:
- Dame Julia Peyton Jones DBE
“I want to initiate truly inspirational cultural, design and architectural projects that just wouldn’t happen otherwise. I am also excited to be initiating these projects through new public/private partnerships and collaborations.”
Main photo by Stephen Chee. Visit the Naomi Milgrom Foundation website to learn more about the Foundation’s projects.